The lights go on (officially) in:
We are running a little behind this year so the show has been delayed until Friday.
The following times are subject to change without notice and dependant on the weather:
- Mon-Thur: show runs 5:45-10:15pm
- Fri-Sun : show runs 5:15-10:45pm
- XMas week:show runs 5:15-11:15pm
- There will be an interactive control panel for guests to try out between the hours of 4pm and 5:30pm
- Rumor has it the Head Elf might make a guest appearance for photo-ops and handing out mini
candy-canes (not the ones for our mailboxes!)!
More to follow soon...
Imagine sitting in your car watching lights blinking/fading in time to the music coming out of your speakers. Our display features ~10,000 computer-controlled lights and RGB pixels 'dancing' to the music.
- Photo gallery (coming soon)
Because I can......
Well, that is only part of the answer. The full answer being that when I was growing up we had neighbors, friends and family that decorated for the holiday. Now that I'm an "adult" I want to keep up the tradition so that the next generation may have some of the same memories. Individuals such as Carson Williams and websites like PlanetChristmas pulled many of us (myself included) into this 'hobby'. Compared to some displays I've seen ours is very tame!
Well, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out where we live... My neighbors tolerate my display and I don't want to
jeopardize their remaining good will.
If you want to see other holiday displays check out Christmas Light Finder or Christmas Displays
The display is run by software running on a laptop that controls hardware from Light-o-Rama which
in turn tells the lights and DMX devices when to turn on/off or fade up/down. This year's display features 96 channels
each of which controls one effect or group of lights. There are also 100+ channels controlling individual DMX devices and
'LED' pixels. That means there are 200 'things' to program for each and every song which is why it take 2-4 hours of
programming for each minute of music.
Playlist (subject to change)
- Get Ready for This (Calimocho Mix)
- Carol of the Bells (M.Danielle)
- Christmas In the Air (TSO)
- Wizards In Winter (TSO)
- Little Drummer Boy (Bob Seger)
- Christmas/Sarajevo 12/24 (TSO)
- Nutrocker (Night Castle)
- Christmas Can-Can (Straight No Shooter)
- Amazing Grace
- Overture from Miracle On 34th Street
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas (J.Denver & Muppets)
- The House On Christmas Street (J.Pancoast)
- A Star to Follow (TSO)
- A Mad Russian's Christmas (TSO)
- Redneck 12 Days of Christmas (J.Foxworthy)
- Linus and Lucy
- A Soldier's Silent Night
- Marine Hymn
Last updated: 12 November 2013